Overview: Vericant is looking for a part-time product/technology manager to guide our development team. (approx. 20 hrs per week). This position is remote-friendly, and is a long-term commitment. We want you to become a member of the close-knit Vericant team!
Location: Beijing, or remote from another place that can work approx. between the hours of 9-5 China standard time.
Who are we?
Vericant is the most widely trusted video interview service available for international applicants looking to pursue an English classroom experience abroad. We conduct and deliver English language interviews of students around the world to top universities and high schools. We help our partner schools verify an applicant’s spoken English level and learn about their interests and abilities in our unique, 10 minute behavioral style recorded interview. We offer interviews online and in secure interview offices around China. We are currently rapidly expanding our secure online interview capabilities to keep up with demand.
1) Maintain clear communication between tech and other departments:
- Translate requests from business side into clear specs (technical or non-technical) for developers
- Keep operations/marketing/sales/management up to date on development priority list and deployments
- Research and prioritize bugs found in our system
- Prioritize Vericant’s tech development pipeline, organize 1 and 2 week sprints
2) Test new features for deployment (QA)
- Confirm new features solve the requested problem or add the requested usability
- Write and run test cases
- Learn the business and software ins and outs by conducting thorough testing.
3) Provide a line of technical support between business operations and tech team
4) Product Development
- Research and design of new technical products (features or services)
- Fluent in English
- Project and/or product management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Computer/Internet/Technology savvy
- Experience with product management
- Experience working with developers from different cultural backgrounds
- Technical/development experience with django, vue.js, and python
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Conversational in Mandarin Chinese
- Flexible working hours
- Be a part of a small, close-knit development team
- Gain experience planning sprints and prioritizing tech tasks
- Gain real-world product management experience
- Perfect your ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications, and bridge a critical and common gap in today’s businesses
In your response, please share what timezones the companies you have worked for previously are located in.