We need an expert team to develop a social networking site.
The website combines functionalities of MySpace, Facebook, etc, but will
cater to a particular market niche. This will be a closed community that can only be accessed by users by logging in with a password. We need very high data security!
The development of this site will be done in two phases:
1. a very well designed starting page which has blog function and from where the users can log in to a wiki and user forums, which need to have a custom design, fitting to the start page.
The starting page needs to be very well designed and have some Ajax-features. Of course it must be compatible with all leading web browsers. Look at [url removed, login to view] for an example of what we think of in terms of design/Ajax like features. This needs to be done ASAP. We need this part in max. 2 weeks.
2. Social networking platform similar to Facebook/LinkedIn
Essentially this would be a traditional social networking site. Major functions and features involve the following:
1. HTML Editor
2. Content Search Function (with advanced search function to search photos or forums)
3. Personal profile pages with photos, videos, and a personal blog
4. Allow tagging of content by users; display a tag cloud on the front page
5. Invite others to view the personal page
6. Locate other users with common interests
8. Member blogs
10. Circle of Friends Management
11. Private Messaging / Internal Email Management
12. Comprehensive administration panel on back-end
13. Photo Manager
14. Video upload,
15. Polling/voting features
16. Members can post reviews & recommend articles and books
17. A userfriendly Admin Panel (details to be discussed)
18. RSS News Feeds: user selectable
19. Mobile/PDA friendly design
20. Calendar Functionality
21. Contain great viral/social social marketing features (e.g. email this, invite, tell a friend, etc...).
22. Starting site needs to be SEO optimized (meta tags and titles of each page).
We know exactly what we want in terms of Design and Functions. We will send you the complete specifications and details if you are a serious bidder. Details will be discussed.
This needs to be done professionally and fully operational.
We are anticipating that the site should be developed on the LAMP platform and utilizing open source technologies where available. We expect that proper development documentation will be created and adequate testing will be done. We need clearly commented codes, must be modular and scalable.
Due to some unpleasant prior experiences with GAF providers, our client will only accept Escrow payment (with the possible option of setting up project milestones for releasing partial payments for parts of projects developed).
You will need to install the final product on the server of our client. Install script, SEO work included.
When bidding you need to state clearly the kind of support and guarantee you can provide, we need to know:
1) The length of testing period you provide and guarantees
2) Time of free support since launch
3) Your rate for on-going support after promised free support timeframe
If you own your own social script and want to customize it to fit this project that is fine. But we will hold all the rights to the completed project. And the CSS and overall design has to meet our criteria.
IMPORTANT Instructions, you will NOT be considered if you don't follow these instructions.
[url removed, login to view] bid on this project if you have created similar web projects and can provide them as examples. Please ONLY include 1-2 examples of your very best work, in terms of smooth look, feel, and functionality for these sorts of complex social networking sites.
2. Upon completion of project all source code goes to our client. He will own 100% legal rights to it, no gimmicks and tricks, no encrypted codes!
3. This job has to be PROFESSIONALLY DONE. The code must be clean and understandable, so that future add-ons and changes can be done quickly. The price includes installation. If you do a good job, we will hire you for all future maintenance!
4. All code/design will be our property. The design cannot be sold to someone else.
5. We can only work with someone who has completed similar projects such as this one and has several good references.
6. The programmer must be dependable and prompt, and must speak fluent english. I demand constant updates and reports on progress of project; you need to be available on IMs, skype, email, phone and fax.
You need to be responsible, easily accessible and you need to have a good track record.
7. This job includes development, design, SEO, and installation. If we are completely satisfied with the creation of the site, the creator will receive exclusive requests for maintenance/upgrades to the website and other projects.
8. Please describe in full how you can meet our needs, previous works you have, etc. We are looking for the member with the best skills, communication, and willingness to work
9. Do not just throw up your portfolios. We need to see your skills for THIS type of project, not for previous others unrelated to this.
10. Serious bidders only. We will need to communicate constantly via IM as the project moves along.
11. Customization of an existing social networking script for this job is acceptable but it must be discussed beforehand, must be an excellent social networking script, scalable, and have fast load times. Customization or cloning is acceptable but only if it is in compliance with regulations for the use of the code.
12. Please respond ONLY if you have experience with building large-scale sites with scalability experience. Experience with Web 2.0 is must. Extensive experience in advanced data handling and databases is required. We must see fully functional online examples of similar work you have done to demonstrate your expertise in these areas and proof that you indeed are the creator of that work.
13. Longterm website maintenance will be awarded, if everything goes well with this project.
14. Please feel free to respond, ONLY if you meet the above requirements and you are interested.