I'm looking for someone to build for me a database integrated with Google maps that will let me put information of places of interest (defined by category) on to the map.
I don't know if all this is possible, but ideally:
* It should be possible to search the map for your local area to get to an area - for example by city or postal/zip code
* All the points of interest from eh category that you've selected (for example parking, restaurants, hotels) should then be shown with Google's way of having 'Info Windows'
* I'd then like to get a lot more information on the info windows than normal - for example samples prices, opening times, the directions to/from tools and some photos etc.
* It would be excellent if visitors to the site could submit either new points of interest or amendments to current points - these would need to be approved through some kind of 'admin' screens before they went live.
* It would also be good if visitors could rate and leave short reviews of the points of interest.
I'd like the system to be capable of building up over a login time to show 10's of thousands of POI's across the world if possible so any design should take that into consideration, even though I can only load about 1000 on initially.
The closest thing I can find to this at the moment is what Frappr do - example: <[url removed, login to view]> but that doesn't include the ability to search by location.
This is an interesting US version but does not ahve enough serach options or detail on the info windows: <[url removed, login to view]> - I like how they don't show all the pinpoints until you zoom in though - keeps the country view of the map clean and navigation fast.
Any suggestions or examples of work you've done with Google API's before would be really appreciated.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
MySQL & PHP? Your choice but it should run on a Linux webserver really.