I'm trying to find a hardware developer to help me scope the design of a new thermostat. Please bid on writing the requirements document (an outline of the sections are listed below) for the following Thermostat...
1. Thermostat that has stored schedules (ACTS as a programmable thermostat)
2. Thermostat that acts as a data logger which records when the unit turns on, when overrides are pushed, and records the temperature (ACTS as data logger)
3. SD Card for store/write schedules to device and to store
the data collected
4. 12V - 24v operating voltage for the relays
5. low power consumption, only powered by battery
6. control 4 equipments (R - 24 Vac Power to be switched, Y1 - Cooling call , W1 - Heating call , G - Fan , C- 24 Vac Common)
7. LCD, radio controlled RTC and MCU (?)
8. Other control options to safeguard the system
This phase is to outline the project in more detail -- i.e. the technical components and requirements for the hardware. This is important to define so you know what we need to build and how it needs to function. This document is less than 5-6 pages.
Below is the outline of typical hardware requirement documents...
GOALS OF THE PROJECT & SYSTEM SCOPE
ASSUMPTIONS AND OTHER RELEVANT FACTS
REQUIREMENT CONSTRAINTS & DEPENDENCIES
How does the hardware function.
How is data stored.
USER INTERFACE REQUIREMENTS
What are the screen layout requirements.
What documentation will be provided
What are the system's safety requirements
What are the hardware requirements, hardware architectural requirements, data management requirements.
What are all the functions for the hardware.
What is the data model for the inputs/outputs.
REFERENCE MATERIAL AND RESOURCES
After we write this document, we may be interested in a private project where you develop the hardware. Please provide us examples of other projects.