I have a project that I would like you to bid on and my hope is that this time it will work out and we will be able to work together. I would like to establish an ongoing working relationship with someone with skills in this area and I think (hope?) that you could be that person.
General description of the work:
Since I talked with you last time, I have purchased and installed a new version of MovableType and developed custom templates that I am pleased with. This part of the work has been completed and is stable. The work I would like you to bid on has two main parts:
We plan on using a tool called News2Web which can be found at <[url removed, login to view]>. This tool allows you to subscribe to multiple RSS feeds, filter them based on keywords and then to mix the feeds and publish the result as an RSS feed (or html pages). We would like you to evaluate this tool (there is a free 15 day trial) and set it up and configure it properly to work with Part 2 below.
Next we plan on using the feed we have created in Part 1 above as a source of posts to the blog we have already created. To do this we plan on using a MovableType plug-in called [url removed, login to view] <[url removed, login to view]>. This plug-in will allow us to subscribe to the feed created by News2Web and then use it as a source of posts to the blog.
This idea is pretty straightforward but I have not used either tool. I would like you to get these two tools working properly together and posting correctly to the blog. Please ask questions if you need clarification but the main deliverables are as follows:
1. Download a trial copy of News2Web and set it up on your windows PC. You will need to learn the basic operation of this tool and how to configure it properly. If successful I will purchase the tool and download it to my PC and then use it following your configuration instructions.
2. Install the [url removed, login to view] plug-in to our current MovableType blog (I will provide details and passwords later if your bid is successful)
-3. Get these two tools work together properly, which basically consists of (1) subscribing to several blogs, sorting posts based on keywords and publishing a mixed feed (all this is done in News2Web) and then (2) using the [url removed, login to view] plug-in to subscribe to that feed and us it as the source of posts to our blog.
When I talk about the possibility of a long-term relationship what I have in mind is to have someone with the technical knowledge of MovableType, RSS, and knowledge of how to install Plug-ins and various modules ??" available to work with me on an on-call basis. I envision working on several of these blogs and would like to be able to leverage your skills and the experience we gain together ??" and to build up that relationship over time rather than working with multiple coders on a job by job basis. In this way, you will be able to quickly provide the technical help when needed - since you will already be familiar with my blog and the tools being used. In turn, I will pay you will for providing prompt support since I would be a regular customer. I would like this to be a win-win agreement which is beneficial to both of us. I would expect you to keep all of our working relationship confidential and not to disclose our practices and tools with outside parties.
Please let me know your interest in this opportunity, ask as many question as you like to find out what you need and then prepare a bid. If everything comes together, this could be the start of a great working relationship.
I look forward to your reply,
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Jul 13, 2005 2:46:38 PM:
I have extended the date to bid on this project - as I have not heard back from you yet. I am not sure if you are working right now or are just away from your email. I am trying again to create the opportunity to work with you and I look forward to your feedback and comments on this proposal.
Hope to hear from you soon