I am looking to build a user generated ratings site, integrating Google Adsense and paying users a portion of the ad dollars they generate. Similar concepts include [url removed, login to view] and zagat.com.
Key project requirements:
1. Design of the overall user interface.
2. Ability to create user accounts and profiles
3. Ability to pull name and address information of local businesses from Yahoo Yellow Pages or a similar YP site, and map businesses
4. Ability to write reviews of local businesses
5. Ability to search for reviews
6. Integration of Google Adsense
7. Ability to track number of visitors to each users reviews
8. Financial system that allows crediting a user account for a portion of ad dollars generated on the site, and allows the users to withdraw that money using paypal.
9. Ability to invite others to the system using an automated e-mail, and to track which users were invited by whom.
10. A user and review ratings system (e.g. 1-5 stars)
11. SEO friendly design format (but SEO per se is not included in this project bid)
- Target project delivery date is 45-60 days (To be determined in final round)
- Project to be divided into phases. Payment amount and timing for each phase to be agreed upon in advance.
- Payments for each phase to be put into GAF escrow, and paid upon satisfactory completion of corresponding phase
- At then end of any phase, a determination will be made whether or not to continue. If terminated, freelancer must turn over code for any phases already paid for. Freelancer will be paid for any phases completed up until that time.
- Additional bonuses to be paid for early delivery of each phase. Time is of the essence, so being able to provide multiple developers to speed the process is a big plus.
- You must provide me with daily updates on progress to date. I will expect responses within 1 day to email queries if I have questions.
- The coding must be CLEAN and commented, so that another developer can easily come in and make changes if necessary
- I own the rights to all code written for this project for any phases that have been paid for
- You must guarantee work for up to 6 months in case errors come up.
- Please do not bid if you do not agree to these terms
- When bidding, please make sure to provide examples of relevant previous experience. I am particularly interested in examples where you built:
o Ratings websites
o Multichannel Google Adsense implementations
o E-commerce and payment systems integration
- You may submit bids on portions of the project – if not for the entire project, please indicate what portion(s) your bid is for.
- Please place bids based on your estimates, but you will be given the opportunity to revise your bid during the final round. I will select a number of providers to conduct more in depth discussions, and will provide a more detailed product spec at that time.
- After reviewing preliminary bids, I will select a number of finalists for a more detailed bid. I will provide a more detailed product spec and will expect a detailed project plan with a timeline, a revised bid if necessary, and any additional statements of qualification as appropriate within 3 days.
- Once I have received final bid materials, I may have additional discussions with particular bidders before choosing a service provider. Project plans should be regarded as final.
One other note: I am also in the process of building a number of other websites. I plan to commission a significant amount of work in the next 6 months, so I am looking for a partner who I can trust over time. If this project goes well, I will be likely be re-engaging you for additional work.