Design, install and troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010; lead installation and upgrade projects. Responsible for implementing, monitoring, managing and maintaining the health of an Exchange 2007/2010 email environment. Exchange 2007/2010 server roles maintained in this environment include client access servers, hub transport servers and clustered mailbox servers.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Establish Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 environments by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing Microsoft system standards.
• Provide hands-on configuration and validation of design, as well as production deployment and migration.
• Maximize Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 performance by monitoring systems; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with Microsoft network architects on network optimization.
• Secure Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplish information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Update documentation, write new procedures and train help desk personnel one-on-one or in small groups about Exchange 2007/2010 and Outlook
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 including experience with mailbox server failover and cluster management
• Ability to monitor, test and analyze e-mail system activities to ensure maximum performance, efficiency, and availability
• Ability to identify and resolve problems affecting messaging systems performance, efficiency, and availability in a timely manner
• Knowledge of multi-site geographically dispersed fault tolerant Exchange 2007/2010 environment
• Understanding of virtual technology (VMware/Citrix) and SAN
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 and Windows Active Directory
• Comfortable with MS Office applications including MS Project, Visio with knowledge of Office Outlook 2007 features, configuration and troubleshooting
• MCSE preferred but not required
• Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required
• Tracking Budget Expenses, Project Management, People Management, Problem Solving,
• Requires advanced domain expertise. LAN Knowledge
• Minimum Technologies: Windows 2000/2003 Server with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010, TCP/IP, IIS, Browsers
• Experience working with IT vendors and related support organizations.
Ideal Technologies: SMS, MS Office deployment, ISA, Terminal Services, Citrix, SQL Installation.
• Self-driven, motivated with capacity to perform essential job functions independently
• Ability to master and apply new technologies quickly
• Strong communication skills including verbal, written and professional presentation
• Ability to use all resources to research and resolve technical issues
• Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines onsite and in offsite locations.
• Ability to complete minor repairs, upgrades, and installation of hardware and software.