I am looking to start an online auction website. It would be similar to EBay but would not need as the millions of items categories that are on Ebay. The services to be auctioned could be described or identified in small drop down questionnaires. They drop downs would be limited to 5-10 questions, the amount you are willing to spend and the length of the auctions. This would be from the customer side.
On the business side the business would be able to make their offer in a one page message to the customer. The offer would be created by filling out a pre-set template with 10-20 items customizable options. Then the business could also be able to ad additional information to provide a further description.
Both customer and business would have the ability to read each others desires and offers. A customer should be able to login and see his bids. The business should be able to be notified if their bid is accepted. Both customer and business should be able to receive this information to his email or Facebook.
The pre-fill questions for customer and business is really the critical difference. There would not be a lot of categories or subcategories.
The power rankings aspect is not as important. It could be integrated later.
My main focus is to have the ability for a customer to describe what they are wanting and what they are willing to pay.
Then it will be up to the business to make an offer based upon said information. If you can create a system along these lines initially then the main objective will be completed. From there we can discuss further business with power rankings, SEO, Website, Logo. Iphone app etc...
Things I would like to see it have but NOT ALL NECESSARILY NOW....
- Customer and Business sign up and log in.
- option for businesses to provide bidding or fixed price
- Ability for the business to offer auction "packages" as stand alone offers. This is in addition to answering directly to a specific customer. And for customers to bid on these offers too.
- Ability for customers to "announce what they are looking for and how much they want to spend". Fill out a form with customizable specs and terms. Check this box, don't check this box etc.
- Ability for business to provide "bids" based upon the customer's wants and terms. Fill out a form with customizable specs and terms. Check this box, don't check this box etc.
- Ability for the business to detail the basis of their bids.
- charging for ad, charging for premium listing and commission for sales
- E commerce or PayPal integration with check out once auction is accepted.
- using right keywords for showing on Google page 1
- building customer profiles similar to eBay. Ability to load an avatar.
- Ability to create and manage "power rankings" for customer and businesses similar as Ebay. for customers
- Customer and Business profile
- Ability to give feedback on customer and business
- Ability to provide links to businesses websites.
- Ability for customer to offer counter-offers with businesses and vice-versa.
I certainly can uses existing script or software and merely edit it for my purposes if possible.
Please email me to discuss this project in further detail.
I just want to see the auction application created first. I am looking for a long time partner to get things started first.
SIMILAR TO YIPEES.COM OR BIDMYCLEANING.COM.
However, I want the service providers and customers to be able to select from a pre-selected customizable (to their criteria) options that they can offer or desire respectively.
I want there to be a count down on the auction. Not just a bid and offer. I want there to be a timed auction. On these two sites, there is not time but I like the way that they have selection templates to describe your desires and services.
We can discuss further.