We are looking for a detail-oriented Proofreader for a Human Psychology and Mental Wellness blog.
WHAT IS THE BLOG ABOUT?
It's an upcoming blog that generates content pertaining to mental wellness for its target audience. The target audience includes psychology students, mental-health self-help seekers, and therapists. Our goal is to publish content that helps psychology students as well as therapists to get surprised with the current and upcoming findings in the field of Psychology.
As a Proofreader for the Human Psychology and Mental Wellness blog, you need to:
- Copy edit, proofread, and fact check the content that focuses on Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Check content for spelling, grammar, usage, consistency, client style guide, editorial department guidelines, accuracy, and overall writing quality
- Keep current on industry standards to ensure effective content accuracy
- Understand and comply with client style guides and article format
- Review and edit all content throughout the process
- Ensure content is written with high quality, consistency, and company voice
- Fact-checking to ensure content is accurate, ex: copy, compliance, legality, etc
- Complete assigned tasks and produce content quickly, calmly, accurately, and proficiently to meet multiple daily and weekly deadlines
- Assist the writing team with fact-checking
- Send content back to the writer for rewriting with direction and specific action items when needed
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
You must have a background in Psychology and related fields and must be proficient in basic and advanced grammar rules.
Plus, you must be meticulous in reviewing copy, noting errors such as punctuation, spelling, and word usage, and must know how to check facts and statements for the accuracy or potential plagiarism.
The following are the specific skills that we are looking out for:
- Must have sound knowledge of Human Psychology and Related fields
- Extensive knowledge of AP style
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills
- Excellent grammar and impeccable spelling required
- A keen eye for detail and spotting grammar issues, typos, and other writing mistakes
- Ability to maintain high-quality work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Must have a degree in Psychology or a related field.
- Must have experience writing and editing content (health & wellness, mental health, and lifestyle preferred).
- Experience creating social content for a consumer audience.
- Superior grammar and copyediting skills.
It's an entry-level job. So, if you are interested in this project, please reply with your prior experience.
17 freelancers are bidding on average ₹1244 for this job
I am a professional proofreader and content editor with more than 3 years of experience. I am highly proficient in English reading and writing with an excellent grammatical skills.