I have written a children's storybook and now need to convert this into a PDF file. The PDF must confirm to some very strict guideliness.
The book is currently in Microsoft Publisher format. It is approximately 70 pages long. There are 20 full page illustrations as well as quite a few smaller photos and clip art.
Once I had finished setting out the book I converted it to PDF and sent it to my publisher. I received the following email:
* The PDF is not PDF/X-1a:2001 compliant.
* There are 169 images coming in from 49 – 179 dpi. The minimum is 72 dpi and we prefer 300 dpi
* Need title page: the title and author name fonts will need to match the fonts used on the cover. Please add the text “Outskirts Press, Inc.” in the bottom center of the title page in a 12 pt font with “Denver, Colorado” below.
* We created a copyright page for you to approve. We will need to add it after the title page. I have attached that for your review.
* Will need to have the no print gutter at exactly .125” on all pages (including the title page). Right now there is a no print white strip on the wrong side of each page. On most pages, it is currently on the outer edge of the page and some page have the no print area at the gutter of only 1 of the pages. All pages will need the .125” no print gutter at the gutter (where the spine will go).
* Recommend adding page numbers.
I only have one more opportunity to make the changes to the PDF and resubmit it to my publisher before they charge additional fees.
In order to successfully win this project, you must be ABSOLUTELY CONFIDENT that you can create a PDF to the EXACT specifications required.
When you bid, please also advise how you would like me to provide you with the files. I would prefer to upload everything to a file-storage site, please let me know your preferences. If need be, I will burn a CD and post it in the mail - however that will take a few days and this is an urgent job.
Thankyou for your interest in this project!