We're looking for an experienced Python/Django developer to maintain and extend an existing web application and associated infrastructure. Experience with UNIX systems administration is required. The software is running on a Linux/lighttpd/postgresql stack. Experience with frontend technologies is not required, though would be a bonus.
* high-level application design
* software development and maintenance
* UNIX systems administration, including database and VPN
* oversight and management of one or more other programmers
Required skills and experience:
* experience with Python and Django
* extensive UNIX knowledge
* Good personal time and project management skills
Desired skills and experience:
* experience working as lead developer on a team
* agile development methodology
* familiarity with the USPS/Paypal/Facebook/Endicia APIs
We are looking for someone to start immediately and work on this until around November 12 to get out some key functionality by that deadline, and then if we are happy to work for at least a couple more months on this (possibly longer if you are the right fit.