I have a ubuntu server with 1024 VPN boxes for my "road warriors". Some of them are doing heavy traffic while others dont. I want a tool written in python which does:
- accepts a parameter to put a limit on the total bandwith all users can consume (i'm sick of paying huge bw bills)
- scans the traffic to see which ip does the most traffic and, if that user consumes more than let's say 30% of the total bandiwth it automatically shapes it to consume let's say only 250kb/s or whatever else limit I want to put - like a jail. This limit should be applied only when the total bandwith is consumed otherwise the ip should be left alone.
- the script should run on cron so it can constantly monitor all traffic
- all jailed ip's should be deleted after they have been added to "jail" for 20 mins or so
- the script should be written in python as I'm comfortable with that language
You get the basics, rest is to discuss.
Please only bid if you have experience in traffic shaping tools on ubuntu especially, I may consider changing the distro if there's no other way out of it.