The Aim is to implement an already-coded, open source kinect based security system for my own home usage.
It's a home security project based on a Kinect sensor that can be found here : [url removed, login to view]
The code can be found here : [url removed, login to view];a=summary
The exact same features as exposed in the video are to be reproduced/made available(I.e seeing the streams from an Android phone)
However, several modifications/tweeks will be made to the existing infrastructure :
- Another Kinect sensor will be added.
- The web service, as shown in the linked video, will display the live feed for both sensors and not one only.
- The Kinect sensors, whenever detecting motion, will take pictures(or a video) that will be displayed on the web service alongside the livefeed for both sensors. These are archived by default and can be cleared from the web service interface by a button clicked the user, after prompting for a password.
- The Kinect sensors, will be set by default to save video feeds for a user-set period of time x, that will be deleted if a button for archiving is not pressed on the interface within that time. Furthermore new time x values can be set and a current video feed can be stopped short through a button(hence intiating a new video feed of length x that can be saved if button clicked before end of x.)
- It should be easy to view these automatic archived video files, as well as pictures/videos from detection events, even if not directly via the web interace.
Other General Specifications :
- The Detection and Web Service must be highly reliable
- The Dection system should make sure differences in lighting(on-off) not interpreted as detection.
- System should be taken in charge of most possible(develop features, setup webcam server...), only having me do what's absolutely necessary(i.e install x and x and testing it works as it should) and when this occurs, provide detailed instructions(written or skype)
Thank you & looking forwards to working with you,
Really interesting project. I have one kinect sensor so I should be able to test this myself. I have extensive Python experience, none with the Kinect so far.
5 freelancers are bidding on average $675 for this job
Really cool project. I would love to work on this. I have python experience and I do have a kinect sensor, though admittedly I haven't done anything with the kinect yet apart from playing games :-)