We are implementing a project running on Raspberry Pi Zero W ([login to view URL]). We chose this model because it comes with wifi and bluetooth. All this project is designed to do is display an image or a looped video onto the connected display.
OS Customizations Needed:
1) We need a custom boot screen that will play a video (example: [login to view URL]). Once the OS loads, it is to display the still image, images with transitions, or looped video from the installed memory card.
2) There will been to be an initial configurations page. The reason for this is because there will be two Raspberry PIs' that need to display the same image on each of their displays. This communication will need to done via Bluetooth or some other means. The setup scripts will need the technician the ability to define which Raspberry Pi will send the image via Bluetooth, and which Raspberry Pi will receive the image to use on its display.
3) Eventually there will be a mobile app developed in order to allow the user to change the images on the displays using their mobile device.
4) The Raspberry PIs' will be turned on and shut off with a button connected to the board.
5) The Raspberry PIs' will be powered from a battery. We are mentioning this in case its necessary to know.
We need a Raspbian with a custom boot screen, that displays a static image, a library of images with a transition between images or a looped video (mp4 or mov). There also needs to be a script that allows initial setup so the same images or video displays on two Raspberry PIs'. The sharing will only be allowed between two Raspberry Pi units and no more.
IF THERE IS ANY CONFUSION, PLEASE ASK!
23 freelancers are bidding on average $608 for this job
Hi there, Im interested in your project and hold a few RPis myself. Check out my github/b33fjerky for a few examples of RPi IoT coding. I have a few questions in case you contact me thanks, Pandelis
Hi. I have experience about raspberry pi and c/c++, python for 5+ years. I have raspberry pi boards and I can finish it asap. I am all ready for hardware and software. Best Regards.
Your task get be solved by using browser based application which will start automatically in full screen mode. Contact me to discuss details of the project. Best regards, Vladimir
In the past I made a custom raspbian image for a customer that wanted to use raspberry pies to show advertisements on several screens. If you're searching for someone with experience I'm the person you're looking for.