We are looking for a developer who can build a simple tool in Python for converting 3D models from the GLB/GLTF/OBJ format to USDZ. The tool will be implemented in a larger processing pipeline so the functionality should be easily integrated in other pieces of code.
The basic functionality we are looking for is as follows:
- Input: Accept a number of input options: 1) folder with single GLB/GLTF, 2) folder with mesh in OBJ/GLB/GLTF format + folder with texture files (base color, MRO, normal etc.)
- Output: Single USDZ file saved in the specified location
- File size of USDZ should be comparable or smaller compared to just plugging in the GLB model into Apple's Reality Converter. File size increases are not acceptable.
- Code should run flawlessly on Windows based systems.
- Plug and play, ideally no complex installation procedures. Pre-compiled package is not a hard requirement if this requires unreasonable amounts of extra work.
- The tool should be written in classes. The main class should be called "GLBtoUSDZConverter".
- Extensive commenting on the code in proper English. Our in-house coders should understand the code the first time they read it.
- Any packages/code used should be free to use without limitations for commercial applications.
Demo files, example output results from our current manual process via Reality Converter and additional details will be provided to the developer awarded the job.
We will select based primarily on experience. The offered quote for the job is secondary to this.
We are a startup based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Additional jobs are available if we are satisfied with the outcome of this project.