Freelancer started project and did not finish. Project is ~90% complete. Program can be downloaded at [url removed, login to view] If you think you can finish this project in a timley manner (original estimate was 7 days and we are now over 3 months), there is a part 2 to this project once this phase is completed.
- reposition all ADD, EDIT, DELETE windows to appear in the same consistent position throughout program. I believe about 4-5 windows are currently positioned incorrectly
- the quantity fields from the report have about 10-15 fields that should default to an X instead of a quantity. Currently, if there are 5 people entered, the program calculates the amount to be 5.
- there is a pdf report that is generated at the end that pulls the info from the database. the report is very sterile and needs to be jazzed up a bit.
- there are print out cards that are created, but only 2 - 4 copies. We need to fill up the whole page with these cards. the order of the information on the cards needs to match what's in the program (3-5 lines of information).
- the cilents logo also needs to be added to both the pdf report and the print out cards.
- some copy needs to be updated on a few screens, some needs to be repositioned. on one screen the headings are vertical and are read top to bottom, need to be changed to read from bottom to top.
- program itself could use some styling, needs the colors updated to match the client's website
-project has gone through 3 rounds of testing, so there shouldn't be anything major left to fix. however, there might be additional minor requests to be addressed.
- the pdf file needs to be updated to pull the correct information in one section (pulls apartment info, not house info)
Here are some notes from the original developer. We have his source files:
Here is some information about the app's development:
1. Developed with Python + PyQt
2. The executables are compiled using py2exe (the [url removed, login to view] file is already provided)
3. PyQt should be the last development version, otherwise the printing will not work as it should. Therefore, it's needed to first install Qt and then compile PyQt against it.
4. The main script is guiClasses.py. Almost at its end there is a line that supresses error output.
5. Some of the windows and widgets are made using QtDesigner. The corresponding files are in the uiClasses folder. py2uic is used to generate the python modules for these files.
6. The images are in the "images" folder. Their names are important: the app uses the disasters' codes in order to access the corresponding files.
7. The installer is made using Inno Setup. The xml files should have read-write permissions in order for the program to work. The [url removed, login to view] file should also have them since that' s required by py2exe.