Jop Type: Remotely
Job Hours: Singapore Business Hours
Skills Required: Python, MATLAB, SQL, Financial Markets, Statistics, Excel
We’re a tech-savvy and entrepreneurial group. Our team is agile, focused and engaged.
As a Quantitative Financial Developer, you are both the frontline and backbone of our business. We engage the high-powered intellects in our team to create tactical investment ideas, and use cutting-edge technology to execute. We thrive under the pressure of building a company on an exponential growth path. We're here to support you and mentor you as you grow. You'll benefit from being part of a tightly knit, high-performing team. You will have an opportunity to leverage your existing skills in Python, MATLAB and MySQL, and by working closely with professional investment staff, you will get an opportunity to broaden your financial knowledge across global markets and instruments.
Our goal is to keep the team nimble, innovative, and focused on results. Interested in joining our team?
Here’s what we’re looking for:
1) Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
2) Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in financial engineering/ financial math preferred
3) Financial certifications desired (e.g., CFA, FRM, CQF, CAIA)
1) 4+ years of experience in application development
2) Minimum 2+ years of experience in Python and MATLAB is a must
3) Experience of SQL (MySQL preferred)
4) Experience in the finance industry preferred, or otherwise, demonstrable enthusiasm for financial markets and intellectual curiosity about investment ideas
1) Strong analytical and quantitative skills
2) Software engineering skills including object-oriented design, and the application of design patterns
The candidate must:
1) Be a self-starter, a dependable partner, and a team player
2) Be willing to take full ownership of projects, covering analysis, technical design and implementation, testing, and deployment tasks
3) Demonstrate good communication skills and be comfortable working closely with senior quantitative analysts and business partners
4) Possess a strong desire to document and share work done to aid in collaboration, team development and long-term support of the firm
Special Knowledge (bonus points, if you have these):
1) Experience with market data vendors - Refinitiv Eikon, Factset, Bloomberg, etc
2) Experience with machine learning or big data
3) Experience with PnL and performance attribution reporting
4) Experience with Git/GitHub
We are looking for candidates to work remotely, and who are able to work at least a portion of their working days during Singapore business hours, as the management of our company is based in Singapore.
7 freelancers are bidding on average $14/hour for this job
HI I am experienced in SQL Financial Markets Excel VBA etc I can start right now but i have few doubts and questions lets have a quick chat and get it started waiting for your reply