We are looking for a technology passionate, driven, organized and well-rounded, senior developer/tech lead with a great and positive attitude. You must be a person that adapts to constant change, works in uncertainty and want to use great tools to automate and do your work (we love Vi, but use Webstorm, PyCharm and check quality using SonarQube )
We have a wide spectrum of technologies but are mainly focused on :
- Ionic 3
- AWS tools
You have to be an expert in at least Python or Node and have some knowledge of the other technologies
We are doing a switch to work on very strict quality standards, some of the initiatives you'll be participating are:
- Implementing Selenium or other automates tests for front end
- Implementing unit testing in Angular 4
- Implementing a tools based workflow in Jira ( right now all the dev tasks progress is tied to GIT, we will do the same with QA stages and releases by tying them to the Testing Plans and CI)
You will be working as the technical referent on multiple project, your responsibilities will include:
1) Research and do recommendation over the technologies and architecture used in the project
2) Prepare environments/automations and documentation for getting new developers onboard and support the actual ones
3) Do code review and ensure the quality standards are being followed (gitflow, coverage, unit testing, code reviews, SonarQube, etc)
4) Suggest roles needed for the project
5) Ensure CI/CD and good practices for releases and deployments (you don't need to be an expert , but need to know that it must be done and follow up if other person that implements it)
6) Participate in the scrum meetings and help the scrum master/PM to resolve technical issues.
7) Follow up current development with offshore teams
8) Help on requirements writing and customers follow up
9) Be the final referent on technical aspect and be accountable for deadlines and sprint dates (you must be someone who takes responsibility and do not blame others for the problems)
10) And off course coding a lot :D
What you bring
• 4+ years of developer experience a strong track record of building and shipping high applications
• Experience with Linux and Docker environment (you don't have to be an specialist, but you need to know how to use them)
• A solid grasp of the fundamentals troubleshooting skills (i.e. code review, de-bugging, optimizing), cross browser compatibility, web standards and best practices
• Other nice-to-have qualifications: Strong Typescript experience, scripting language experience (e.g., Bash), knows your way around databases
• Passion for quickly learning new technologies, languages and frameworks and the ability to put it to use.
• Self-starter attitude, highly structured, data driven and capable of strategic thinking, with the ability to put it into writing in a well-thought-out plan, as well as the hands-on tenacity to keep going until the product is bug-free and with the wow-factor that customers expect from a world class software product
• A computer science or software engineering degree (highly regarded but not required)
• Fluent in English.
• Fluent in Spanish is a big plus.
You'll be supported by passionate developers, managers and customers , we do not expect you to be an expert in all area, but be willing to learn and be able to handle uncertainty
Developers are located in the Americas and Philippines, so we will give priority to people on these regions . Customers are located worldwide (but concentrated in South America and US).
We work with people in multiple timezones and we adapt each other for working hours. Scrum meetings are held between 8 and 10 am EST.
27 freelancers are bidding on average $345/hour for this job