.1. When you think of a disabled individual what first come to mind?
2. Next watch the following Ted Talk: “I’m not your inspiration, thank you very much.”
2. Did this talk challenge the way you view individuals with disability, why or why not?
3. Stella talks about the objectification of the disabled, did this make sense to you? Can you think
of example of this that you have witnessed or experienced?
4. Stella mentions the social model of disability, please watch the following clip and read the web page:
[login to view URL]
5. What is the social model of disability? (answer in your own words) How can you as a PTA effect change in this model?
Stella ends her talk with the quote, “disability doesn’t make you exceptional but questioning what you think you know about it does.”
6. How will you start or continue to be exceptional by questioning what you know about disability?
7. How can you help to establish this same type of excellence in your community?
Hello there! I'm interested in your reflection paper project. Kindly send me a message so that we can discuss more. I deliver professional and quality work.