In the final project you will continue the work you did on the midterm project in your use of the running case study. You will continue to design the system for the case study - focusing on aspects of the class diagrams and database design. Perform the activities below based upon which semester this is (or instructor designates). The first two activities are due in the first milestone, while the remaining are due in the last milestone. Upload your completed project in Microsoft Word format in the dropbox.
Case Study: Sandia Medical Devices
1. Using information from chapter 8 and previous information from the running case study paragraphs over the previous chapters, list at least five domain model classes that form the core functionality of the system.
2. List at least five tables corresponding to the domain model classes above. Include the following information for each of the tables: primary key, foreign keys to other tables, and other attributes that you think is needed to characterize the class. Also include whether or not the table is in third normal form or not - and why.
3. Develop a multilayer sequence diagram for the use case you fully developed in the midterm project that includes the domain classes and data access layers. This should be similar to the example shown in Figure 13-11.
4. Develop a package diagram that includes all the problem domain classes and organized around the major subsystems. Use Figure 13 - 25 as an example of the diagram that is organized around the View, Domain, and Data Access layers.
5. (Option 1). In designing a deployment architecture for the system, what are at least five design considerations you would take to implement a scalable, highly available, and secure run time environment?
5. (Option 2). Based upon your reading of chapter 14, answer the following deployment-related questions:
What integration and system tests should be required? Write at least a paragraph describing what aspects should be tested and why.
What documentation and user training requirements for the system should be provided? Write at least a paragraph for each area- providing information on who are the targets of the documentation and training and the nature of the material.