Number of pages/words :3 page(s) / 825 words Preferred Writing style :APA Academic Level :Undergraduate Preferred language style :English (U.S.) Urgency :8pm Order description :Unit IVCase Study You are asked to evaluate employees’ exposures to methyl n-amyl ketone during a painting operation. After careful consideration, you choose NIOSH Method 2553 for the sampling. You can access the method by clicking the link below: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. (2003). Ketones II: Method 2553. In P. M. Eiler & M. E. Cassinelli(Eds.), NIOSH manual of analytical methods (4th ed.). Retrieved from [url removed, login to view]
Your pre-sampling and post-sampling pump calibrations using a primary standard are both 0.05 L/min. You collect personal
samples on two employees working in the operation. The samples are collected for 430 minutes (Sample 1) and 440minutes (Sample 2).
1. Calculate the sample volumes for each of the samples. The laboratory reports that the front section of Sample 1 contains 5,000 µg of methyl n-amyl ketone and the back sectioncontains 200 µg of methyl n-amyl ketone. The front section of Sample 2 contains 4,000 µg of methyl n-amyl ketone and theback section contains 50 µg of methyl n-amyl ketone. Neither the front nor back sections of the field blank you suppliedcontain any detectable levels of methyl n-amyl ketone.
1. Calculate the concentrations of the two personal samples in µg/L and mg/m³.
2. Convert the result to ppm (MW for methyl n-amyl ketone = 114.2). Note: Use the ideal gas constant of 24.45.
3. Show all the steps for your calculations.
You then reference OSHA’s Table Z-1 and find that the 8-hour TWA PEL for methyl n-amyl ketone is 100 ppm
1. Discuss how the results of the two personal samples you collected compare to the OSHA PEL, and describe the
sampling method you implemented.
You also look up the ACGIH TLV for methyl n-amyl ketone and find that the TLV is 50 ppm as an 8-hour TWA exposure.
1. Discuss how the results for the two personal samples compare to the ACGIH TLV.
2. Discuss whether you would recommend comparing the results of your sampling to the OSHA PEL or the ACGIH TLV.
Include your rationale for the choice, and explain how you would rationalize your choice to your employer.
The case study should be a minimum of three pages in length, and you should cite the NIOSH document using APA style
13 freelancers are bidding on average $37 for this job
CHEMISTRY Unit IVCase Study CHEMISTRY Unit IVCase Study Psychology, Report Writing, Research, Research Writing, Scientific Research Psychology, Report Writing, Research, Research Writing, Scientific Research
I have 12 years experience of working in different labs as chemist Relevant Skills and Experience Hand on experience on different equipment and techniques required in chemistry