I am looking for a freelance science journalist to write a short piece on an article which has got published recently. Can provide a short blog describing the research as well.
Thanks to those who have placed a bid. Here is a bit more info which might help you decide better.
1) There is no strict deadline for this. Hence turn around time is not a problem.
2) I am looking for someone who writes regularly on science in the media (blogposts, dedicated websites such as Mongabay, newspapers etc). Payment is only for an accepted piece as long as it is a recognized source (could also be a blogpost read by biomechanics authors). If you are not a freelance journalist, you might not wish to read the rest (it will save you time).
3) I am looking for a journalist who can write a lay summary for such a portal. I can provide the draft lay summary of 500 words as well. Hence, it might not take up much time.
4) Plagiarism is not an issue as the article has already been published. Neither is it a technical report or thesis proposal.
5) I expect the job to take at max an hour per summary and I wish to pay a max of £50 for every published article.
6) There are at least half a dozen such summaries to be written if you wish to write more than one.
If you write for any of these 10 websites, then drop me a message.