Job Title Research Assistant
Location MD - Rockville
Career Area Research - Health Studies
Job Status Full-Time
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
We have an immediate opening for a research assistant to join a multidisciplinary research team working on a variety of health research projects in our public health and epidemiology practice. This position is to work full time at our office in Rockville, Maryland.
· Working with members of an interdisciplinary team to collect data.
· Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the data.
· Contributing to developing effective ways to present and visualize the data.
· Developing project materials and documents.
· Maintaining records and reports and conducting literature reviews.
· Qualitative interviewing and study participant technical support.
· Organizing and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
· Contributing to project reports and other work products.
· Providing administrative support as needed (updating presentations, coordinating, and note-taking during meetings).
· A bachelor's degree preferably in public health or health science related field is required.
· At least 1 year of experience in a related field is preferred.
Qualified candidates must have strong computer skills, excellent written and oral communication skills; organizational skills; the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; be detail-oriented; and work well in a fast-paced team environment. Experience in medical or public health and health informatics preferred. Experience with statistical software such as SAS is a strong plus.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.