The United Way is a nonprofit organization that advances the common good in communities across the world. Its focus is on education, income, and health. United Way Day of Caring is the largest one-day, community-wide volunteer event in Utah dedicated to improving people’s lives. This year, the Day of Caring is April 24, 2020.
Write a persuasive email to all employees to encourage them to take part in the United Way Day of Caring. Encourage your participants to wear Utah Capital Bank branded shirts and to network with other volunteers. Participation is voluntary, and employees will receive up to eight hours of paid time off. Employees must have their time off authorized by their immediate supervisors. Use the ANSA strategy (attention, need, solution, action) Add any additional information, qualifications, guidelines, or limitations you feel would best persuade your audience.
Those wanting to volunteer may pick from one of the following projects. Departments are encouraged to work together and carpool. Your employees should let Andrew Juarez know by March 30, where you plan to volunteer so he can coordinate with the United Way representatives at each location.
• Painting Franklin Elementary School benches (Provo, Utah)
• Reading with students at Bonneville Elementary School (Ogden, Utah)
• Landscaping at Wahlquist Junior High (Farr West, Utah)
• Cleaning the bleachers at Spanish Fork High School (Spanish Fork, Utah)
• Judging science fair projects at Jackling Elementary School (West Valley City, Utah)