I am taking the apartment building 660 Washington St Boston, Massachusetts and renovating the space to divide the space for temporary housing vs non temporary housing. The market segment I am doing is residential design so that is what you need to be searching.
1) Problem Statement
2) 2 Pages of History of Housing/ Residential
3) 1 Page explaining market segment Residential Design
4) Problem Statement (1-2 sentences)
5) Mission Statements (3-4)
What are you trying to accomplish in designing this new space (goals)?Who are the client(s)?
6) Visual Collage
Create a collage of images, no larger than 11” x 17”, to discuss in class. Include images you find inspirational, some that represent the issues you will deal with , show the user group, include key words to express the goals and or concepts for the space. Explore a sense of the look and feel of your project goals. Keep this image board loose and conceptual, it does not need to be a finished concept board. The collage should be about ideas, it may be computer generated or hand done. Have fun with this!
- reference books about design (designers you admire, human factors, inspirational works, historical information)
- reference books & articles about your client or user group (gerontology, design for children, public spaces, public art, education, hospitality …)
- Books and articles about your specific area of conceptual interest (ie. Color, light, wayfinding, form…)
- WEB articles (no more than 2) of particular merit for your design work
Submit your preliminary bibliography of at least 6 sources (2 maximum from the internet!) that you are using to research your topic.
8) Identify and Include with the Bibliography:
- 2 Precedent Studies dealing with the ideas that are central to your project and your design intent. Precedents speak to the type & quality of space you seek to express in the design , material ,form , light, rythym...etc.
-2 Case Studies which are similar program types to your proposed project and that teach you something about the approach and principles that established designers have used in developing their project solutions.
IDENTIFY 2 EXPERTS in the area of your project and make initial contact to speak with them , visit their facility and engage them in your research. Eventually you'd like them to review your program .
VISIT an actual facility like the one you are planning and do a site visit in the greater Boston area include as part of your primary research.
10 freelancers are bidding on average $131 for this job
Hi there. I have read through your project and as a proficient research writer in the field, I am the best candidate to deliver top-notch work for you. Do hire me for a fruitful engagement. Regards