Are you passionate about literature? Have you ever wanted to see your name in print? Is that long-sought-after opportunity to show off your writing skills proving elusive? If so, keep reading – you might be just the person we’re looking for...
The BrightSummaries collection by Plurilingua Publishing is a series of short literature guides that aims to help readers broaden their understanding of novels that have stood the test of time, the popular new releases that everyone’s talking about, and everything in between. Each title in the series tackles a different novel, novella, play or short story collection and provides readers with a clear summary, detailed character study and thought-provoking analysis of the book’s key themes, as well as an overview of any relevant historical context. You can visit us at brightsummaries.com.
We are currently expanding the BrightSummaries collection, and are seeking talented freelance writers to work with us during this process. We are looking for talented writers who are able to work within the following parameters:
• Guidelines regarding the desired structure, length and layout of the guides will be provided, and must be adhered to.
• Deadlines are negotiable, but will be agreed upon upfront and must be respected.
• You’ll be working from home and communicating with our team of in-house editors and project managers by email.
• Each successful candidate will have the opportunity to produce multiple guides, and will be able to select the titles they are most interested in.
• Payment is negotiable.
Candidates should have:
• An Honours degree in English Literature.
• Well-honed writing skills.
• Excellent knowledge of classic and/or modern literature.
In-depth knowledge about specific authors or literary movements is not required, but will be looked upon favourably and should be mentioned in your application. No prior experience in the field is necessary.
If you’re interested in this fantastic opportunity, send your CV and a cover letter indicating your availability and reasons for applying (Removed by Freelancer.com Admin). Applicants will be sent a short test of their writing skills to complete and return by email; successful candidates will then be notified within a week, at which point specific assignments and remuneration can be discussed.
Recruitment will be ongoing; interested individuals who are available now should apply as soon as possible, but don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you find yourself available at a later date.
We hope to hear from you very soon!
About Plurilingua Publishing
Plurilingua Publishing is a dynamic publishing company based in Brussels, and works with a select team of specialised writers, editors, translators and partner companies to produce informative non-fiction books and guides on a wide range of topics.
Visit us at plurilingua-publishing.com.