We have a small community website based on the Community Engine plugin for Ruby on Rails.
See: CommunityEngine (dot) org
Basically, we need an affordable rails developer, or group of developers, to A) do two trial tasks; and B) take on some bigger projects. We have nearly 100 different tasks, each valued at USD $30-$50. If you are a Ruby and/or Rails developer with 2+ years of expeirence, we need you to help with lots of routine tasks, and a few bigger projects.
THIS BID: please bid on a small test to show us your skills. The TASK: change the standard Community Engine landing page to making it look like our custom landing page.
The Community Engine landing page looks like this: [url removed, login to view]
We need the new landing page to look like this: www.friendfeed.com.
For this task, we have budgeted USD $30 for perhaps 1 hour of work if you know what you are doing. You will need to change the VIEW portion and add some CSS.
SECOND - IN YOUR PM, PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH LARGER PROJECTS. Send examples from your portfolio and explain any social-networking and programming experience you have with the Ruby language and Rails framework.
YOUR GOAL: If you do a good job on the first few small tasks, we will pass you a lot of other things to do, including some major changes to the website.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE DOING THESE THINGS:
1. set up Capistrano on the webserver.
2. manage and/or set-up GIT.
3. create social networking scripts. DO YOU PROGRAM IN RUBI?
4. Create group funcionality - i.e. create a new type of user - GroupAdmin, and give them their own User Account page, where they can manage users in their group. More to be explained later.
4. Add merchant capabilities to a rails project (i.e. credit card processing, etc).
MUST-HAVE EXPERIENCE - please explain in your PM about other projects you have completed in these areas. Make sure to include links to the projects, or other supporting materials.
4. RAILS! Experience with social websites a big plus.
OPTIONAL EXPERIENCE - great if you have this experience:
1. Apache: Setting up webservers - experience with Apache, Nginx and of course, Mongrel. We use all of these.
2. Facebook API: Have you ever used the Facebook API to add Facebook functionality to a RAILS app? This is a BIG PLUS for us. Our second small task will be to add the Facebooker plugin to our test website and to use it to add a Facebook Connect login to the website, such as this: [url removed, login to view]
What to send us:
1. A PM with a description of your experience. Send your standard info, including specific portfolio info. Make sure to tell us about any facebook API experience you might have and if you have ever set up Apache webservers with Mongrel and Nginx.
Example: this could include links to other RAILS projects, with a description of what tasks you completed for that project, and how long it took you to complete!
2. Prove that you have read all of this: please include the word RAKE in your PM - if not, we will ignore it.
NOTE: We are looking for affordable developers who want a high volume of low-cost projects, i.e. 100 projects for $30 each, etc. Please only bid on the first small task. Do not bid if your fees are much higher. Thank you!
Best of Luck,
PS - projects are strictly on a freelance basis, with no implied employment. Also, you will need to agree to some very-basic terms, including assigning us all rights to the code you develop on an open-source basis (you can still use it again in the future if you wish), maintaining confidentiality, etc. Basic stuff.
2 freelancers are bidding on average $265 for this job
Hello, We have read the posting and would like develop as per your specifications.Please check your private messages for more information about this project. I hope to assist you with it.