We are an exciting new web design and development consultancy. We are two developers looking for another talented, self-motivated web developer with experience using Ruby on Rails to work with us on a paid per project basis.
This is a remote position with flexible hours, and can serve as a great resource for someone interested in gaining that highly sought after real-world experience. Ideal for students, work side-by-side with incredibly talented head developers to broaden your own talents through their guidance. We have a proven, systematic, agile methodology and often pair-program with each other. In addition to compensating you monetarily for your work, we will provide you with a comprehensive and constructive evaluation with outstanding references for your future business pursuits.
We value people who can adapt to challenges and learn from them; new technologies help us thrive, so embrace them (plus they are fun). We speak our minds, and want you to do the same; your input will not be undervalued. If you are the type who can commit to seeing a project or task through to completion, we want to hear from you.
Answer the following questions answered (it's quick we promise), along with your resume and portfolio (if you don't have a formal portfolio that's ok, but please include links to and descriptions of past sites you have worked on, including tools, frameworks, template engines, and gems you are familiar with, as well as anything else you want to mention). Here are those questions:
1. List the following in order of importance to you: (a) readability (b) performance (c) scalability
2. How would you proceed to learn about an unfamiliar framework?
3. If faced with a deadline, would you (a) do it quick and on-time (b) do it thoroughly, but take more time
4. What is more important in an application: (a) fewer, "solid" features (b) more, "niche" features
5. Which statement do you most closely identify with: (a) "I'd rather write something from scratch rather than use someone else's work." (b) "A well- written framework gets the job done."
If selected, we would like to meet at least once prior to work. Talk soon!
6 freelancers are bidding on average $23/hour for this job
Junior RoR developer. Utilize RVM, Bundler, and GitHub for source control. Lightly familiar with jQuery, Ajax, SASS/CSS, MongoDB, Cucumber, RSpec, Factory Girl. Please see private message as well.