Work was done in late 2019 to upgrade the codebase to Rails 4.2. Since that time, the codebase has diverged by around 130 or so commits of varying size. The upgraded codebase is sitting in its own (functional but outdated) branch. It needs to be merged with the changes in the master branch and it needs to be brought to a deployable state. Where possible, the codebase should also be prepped for upgrading to Rails 5+ by identifying any major points of change and following newer standards.
Finally, we do not wish to introduce any modern niceties at this time (patterns, frameworks, libraries, etc). This work is strictly focused on combining branches, reaching a deployable state, and (if possible) preparing code for future upgrades.
- Strong comprehension of Rails 3 and 4
- Strong comprehension of popular libraries from the Rails 3 era
- Insight into Rails 5
- Strong comprehension of git
- Fair understanding of Redis and Resque
- Fair understanding of PostgreSQL
- ERuby, HTML, SASS, and CSS competency
- A demonstration of clean coding and documentation practices