Only candidates in US, Canada, Caribbean and Mexico will be considered. If you are in Pakistan, India, Philippines, etc., please do not apply.
Starting in July, we need a person to answer phone calls. This will be pre-sales. Not sales. For now, we only expect inbound calls. Maybe later, we may add outbound calls to your duties. We expect to pay you, only when you are on the phone, rather than a flat, per-hour basis. We are expecting that you are already at an equipped desk, performing other tasks for other clients, so think about how you would charge. Perhaps a per-call charge. We will provide you with a vonage line and equipment, so we can share the phone records with you, and use that as a basis for you to bill us.
Be prepared for a brief over-the-phone interview, for us to gauge your demeanor, phone presence, speaking style, etc.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Answer all calls during normal CST business hours (8am to 6pm)
- Answer using our company name
- Answer basic questions about two products
- Direct callers to specific pages on website
- Obtain contact information of caller
- Walk them through the online purchase process
- Read a short list of talking points
- Direct all press inquiries to us (another phone number)
- send 'call-back' requests to us via email
- Set up a free Google Docs account, so that we can share a Google Docs spreadsheet with you.
- you must have a Mac or PC and be versed with using it.
- post-sales support, answer basic installation questions, directing them to installation instructions, etc.
- you must have a robust internet connection, and an available port on your router or hub/switch for VoIP unit
- hook up the Vonage equipment we send you (we will cover the Vonage costs, but this service is not to be used for phone calls that are not related to our company)
You are not expected to 'sell' our products; you are only provide 'pre-sales support'.
You will not be allowed to assist in consulting client on design questions
You will not be asked to answer technical questions (beyond that which is on the list of talking points),
You are NOT expected to know everything about our products - beyond a list of talking points that we have.
You will need to familiarize yourself with the website, different available documents and files to download.