Brainscape is a popular web & mobile education startup with over 3 million registered users. Among our "power users" exist many dedicated champions who could become more formal proponents, clients, or partners.
We are seeking a Lead Account Manager to build and maintain consistent human relationships with these power users. You will diligently identify, contact, speak with, and follow up with a broad variety of users -- including students, teachers, professors, publishing company executives, corporate trainers, and other types of professionals.
You can expect to have up to 5-10 hours of enthusiastic user phone calls every week, and another 10-15 hours of emails. There are multiple goals of these conversations:
- Learn more about what features our users need, to help us prioritize
- Identify great user "stories" for PR opportunities
- Recruit "brand ambassadors" to promote their flashcards to earn money
- Get us introduced to purchasing decision makers at their school or company
You will be compensated at a competitive hourly rate plus potential bonuses for formal Sales deals or Partnerships that you are able to uncover.
- At least 2 years of experience in sales or account management
- Some awareness of how tech is used in schools, test prep, and/or corporate L&D
- Deep familiarity with at least one major CRM (e.g. SalesForce, HubSpot)
- Impeccable organizational skills and communication skills
- Strong stamina to hustle through multiple consecutive emails & phone calls
- An inquisitive mindset and eagerness to ask users pointed questions
- Ability to switch context and "tone" when speaking in different markets
- Availability to work at least 15-20 hours/week, on a flexible schedule