MPLS Peering Project (MPLS – DiffServ – RSVP-TE)
Thank you for your time and attention in reading my RFP. From my limited knowledge, this should be a very simple project for a coder with a solid background in MPLS. If the project is executed according to spec, I would also like to enter into a relationship where the coder performs all future satellite configurations.
Abstract: This configuration is intended to serve as a QoS and traffic shaping layer between a SIP proxy registrar and a satellite SIP proxy forwarder installation. Each server will use the open protocol MPLS stack provided by James Leu and Ramon Casellas on Sourgeforge. A DiffServ component should ‘gold’ route SIP traffic to its intended network path.
1. The mpls server should be operational and directing traffic to the SIP server. The MPLS extension should be operational in Etheral. There should be either an automated or scripted process for receiving label requests. The script or process should be added to the startup process to allow for a cold boot.
2. The mpls satellite should have a startup script automating the label path. The satellite computer should have the ability to receive TFTP files for updating the shell script.
3. The server and satellite both need to be loaded with a Diffserv engine. The MPLS tunnel delivering SIP traffic should be given a higher priority than regular wan traffic encapsulated in the vanilla bridge from WAN to LAN (dchpd).
4. The satellite server will have a 4x network card. It will provide for:
c. LAN <- tunnel for sip to mpls0
d. No function
5. Completion is qualified by each system achieving the listed goals with two further details. 1) Each system should be able to restore their configuration after a ‘crash’ shutdown. 2) Provide a process list for how to recreate the installation on a similar system. (However, I would rather use the programmer’s services for the configuration of future boxes)
1. The server is a simple smp Compaq DL360 residing in a datacenter. The datacenter can perform cold boots 24 hrs a day.
2. The satellite is a P4 box with a direct class a IP.
3. Both computers run Fedora with 2.6.11-15 with the mpls patch.
1. A clear understanding of MPLS, DiffServ, RSVP-TE and their respective open source stacks for linux.
2. Ability to create shell scripts and linux process automation.
3. Preference will be given to coders with PHP and SIP experience as there are additional scopes in the projects future phases.
After completion, there are two more projects (within the network path) in this installation:
1. The next project is a PHP HTML configuration front end for the satellite computer.
2. Establishing a small scale network of LSPs to beta test a ER-LSP relationship
Other projects out for bid relating to this configuration are:
SER – SIP express router. Installation and configuration of an SER server designed to work as a service provider SIP – SIP routing engine.
SQL – (SER + Asterisk + SugarCRM) – Combining these application databases to serve as a repository for client; billing; CDR; and messaging.
1 freelancer is bidding on average $1200 for this job
Our Firm is Pakistani based "SOFTTECH" affiliated with National University for Computers and emerging sciences [url removed, login to view] can give you 100% gurantee that your project will be delivered within 2 weeks.