[url removed, login to view] is the fastest growing student property website in the UK. In every city we are in we index 95% of student properties.
On Google, we have a pagerank of 5, and you will see that we are number 1 for 'student property oxford', student housing oxford, student house oxford, student living oxford. And for all those keywords with 'oxford' at the beginning rather than end.
For the following keywords we are number 2: student houses oxford, student letting oxford. But, if you type 'oxford' at the front, 'oxford student houses' and 'oxford student letting' we are number 1. (why?!)
In Leamington, we are number 3-4 (depending on Google datacentre) for 'student property leamington', but nowhere for other keywords such as 'student housing leamington'. Similarly for coventry we have no success yet.
Our success in Oxford has largely been due, we feel, to high quality content, luck and links from [url removed, login to view] (University of Oxford).
You will see that in all cities other than Oxford, we are beaten by www dot accommodation for students dot com, and they beat us on 'student accommodation oxford'. As we are about to expand across the entire of the UK, this needs to change. We are a much better site - easier to use, better offline marketing and MANY more houses than them in each city we are in (typically they have 100 houses per city, while we have 1000).
Your role is to act as SEO Director. To this extent you will advise on action that should be taken, and then put this into place. To this end you will advise us:
- Whether our site design could be improved to optimise Google’s interpretation of our site
- Whether we need more content on our site (such as articles on student housing) to boost what Google thinks of us.
- Why our Homepage has a PR of 5, yet the Oxford section has a PR of 4, and the Coventry/Leamington section a PR of 3. Particularly given that when we were only in Oxford (and so the Oxford page was the homepage rather than the current city page) the homepage (ie Oxford main page) had a PR of 5 which has now dropped to 4.
- Immediate steps that should be taken to maximise immediate results (3-6 months)
- A long term plan to maximise our presence over the next 9, 12 and 24 months
Our project targets are:
- To take number 1 spot for 'student accommodation oxford'
- To take top 3 spots for student housing terms across the UK (see below)
- To undertake link building with sites with high PR if possible (please advise how well you can do this)
- To obtain a pagerank of at least 6, with a $250 bonus for achieving PR 7, and $750 bonus for achieving PR 8. (Although we have noticed that PR does not always, particularly recently, seem to make much difference when Google assigns positions in search results.
Our project terms and conditions are:
- ABSOLUTELY NO unethical methods
- ALL optimisation must be done in line with Google conditions
- NO fake pages/made up sites, etc, etc, etc
- If any of these terms are broken, or if you act improperly in any way the project will be cancelled you will receive no fee and we will take legal action to recover the costs of damage resulting from Google banning our website (Tens of thousands of dollars potentially). Sorry, we are really nice people but we cannot afford to have our already good Google presence destroyed. So ethical methods only please.
Keywords we need to target (we have done the research part of the project for you, please bear this in mind when bidding):
- student housing (currently we are 25)
- student accommodation
- student property
- student properties
- student letting
- student letting agents
- student estate agents
We also need all these keywords with CITY in them, where CITY is all the major cities in the UK (we can provide this list). ie. student property manchester. (Is this easy or does it require much extra effort?)
- Have many years experience in SEO
- Be able to demonstrate previous results with high ranking positions for keywords on Google
- Ideally provide us with references (this will give you a competitive edge over other bidders, but is not a necessary requirement)
You may feel that some elements of this brief are possible but not others. When bidding please advise if you feel any of the above is not possible, but you could do the rest. Or if some parts must cost more than the rest of the job etc.
We are a young entrepreneurial company growing incredibly quickly in a fast-paced and exciting market. Working with us can be a really rewarding experience, and we are interested in building long term relationships.
I should say payment will only be made once the project targets are (which you will agree with us prior to commencing).
A further task is to help us get the various sections of our site listed within Google - see top half of the attached screenshot showing the difference between our listing at Number 1 and a competitors - they have links to sections listed below their entry.
Also if you could sort it so that the Oxford page is specifically displayed when keywords with oxford are searched and the same for all cities, we would very much like that. See the bottom half of the attached screenshot.