Thanks for your interest in this project. I provide below my needs rather than technical specifics of the project (which I expect you provide with your bid).
Which data do I have?
In essence I have 2 similar tables; in each table I have a hierarchically structured set of entries to classify research data.
What do I need?
To make it simple I will use an example. I have a database with countries, states, cities and neighborhoods (say, location table). I have another table with citizens' names. Instead of looking several times at the location table to see existing countries, then states, etc... I would like to select a country and the db would offer me a list only with the states existing in that country; once I selected the state the db would offer me a list only with the cities for that state, etc...until I have a list of the existing neighborhoods to choose where a citizen lives at.
In a second table I would have extra info about the neighborhood such as average income, green area, etc; so, once I said that John lives in the Royal Garden neighborhood the database would bring to John's register all this extra-info on his neighborhood automatically.
What else do I need?
1. That the DB is easy to use and do not require any technical expertise;
2. That the DB allows further customisations at a low cost;
3. That the DB allows easy import and export from/to other applications such as excel and spss;
4. That you can provide adjustments after delivering the database charging no more than you charged to build it.
If you are bidding please state clearly the following info only:
- Language/application in which the DB would be developed
- The estimated time to completion
- The cost per hour for both development and support after delivery
Many thanks for your interest. Luiz