There would be 2 project objectives:
1. write software that converts 1080p / 60 fps videos to:
- 720p 60 fps
- 1080 30fps - slow motion
2. write software that adds a simple watermark logo to above videos with the use of most popular version of [url removed, login to view] codec so that it can be played online (via website player) and offline on all popular players and devices (mobile, PC, Mac, editing software etc.)
This project is a "video conversion" part of a bigger solution where 6-8 cameras (samsung fullhd industrial cameras) record and send small video files (10s - 120s) to a local server, where they get pre-processed and then they are sent to the Azure cloud. Videos can be watched locally via dedicated browser-based site (and dedicated video player) as well as they can be watched online via similar site but hosted on azure cloud.
Cameras are working around 12h during the day but they are user activated (which means they can all work at the same time but would not record constantly like that).
Conversion of videos could be done either locally on the server (Windows PC - intel i7) or in the Azure cloud, potentially with the use of Azure Media Services - depending on what would be cheaper and more scalable.
Encoded video files with the watermark should have the size no bigger than the original (currently ~15Mbps at FullHD 60 fps) while keeping high image quality.
I'm attaching potential architecture option illustrations but we're more than open to other options.
Out of scope (already exists):
- capturing videos from cameras and storing them on the server disc
- sending videos to the cloud
- browser application and player (online / offline)
9 freelancers are bidding on average $691 for this job
We have 20 years of combined experience building, developing, deploying and managing award winning solutions. You can learn more about us at [login to view URL]