New software is to be developed that would replace Excel file with macros. Knowledge of Excel VBA macro language is necessary to be able to study current implementation. There will be more phases for this project, so we are searching for developer that can develop and support this software in long-term. This is description of Phase 1. In this phase only the same functionality that already exists in Excel file is to be developed. It is necessary to study existing Excel file and its macros to develop the same functionality. It is foreseen that this new software can be opened on the desktop computer as well as tablet or even mobile phone. Exact technology to use is not predefined, we are open to suggestions. It can run inside browser but we will consider also alternative suggestions, like mobile app development (some fields in a form will have to be filled with scanning QR code or barcode in the future).
Description of existing functionality in Excel file follows. This functionality must also be developed in Phase 1 (language used in Excel file is Slovenian, so some translations of it are used in this description), but of course it can/must be adapted to fit newly developed software best:
We have two Bill of Material (BOM) Excel files as an input to import to existing excel file ([login to view URL] and [login to view URL]). These two are exported from Solidworks software and represent bills of material of specific machine that is to be produced. Structure BOM contains entries that represent hierarchical structure of assemblies and parts. Quantity BOM contains entries that contain parts where their quantity in project is summed up. So they show up in quantity BOM only once, but in structure BOM multiple times in assemblies hierarchy.
These two BOM files are imported into Project.xlsm. Workflow is as follows:
1. First "Pot do kosovnic" ("BOM Path") must be set to point to path where Quantity_BOM and Structure_BOM are stored.
2. Click on "Uvoz podatkov" ("Import BOMs") button imports data found in [login to view URL] (into Quantity BOM tab in [login to view URL] file) and in [login to view URL] (into Structure BOM tab in [login to view URL] file). Implementation of "[login to view URL]!UvozPodatkovKosovnice" macro is to be studied for this to implement its functionality, because data are not just imported but also some simple data manipulation occurs.
3. Path "Pot do nacrtov" ("Plans path") has to be set.
4. Click on "Povezave do nacrtov" ("Create plan hyperlinks") button creates hyperlinks to PDF files.
Mainly it does following:
- takes path set under "Pot do nacrtov" ("Plans path") and adds plan name (found in "Part number" column in input Excel files) with extension PDF. This generated path is then set in Column D ("Stevilka risbe").
- deletes rows that cointain word "Sheet" in column D
- deletes cell contents in column D if it contains "-"
Macro "[login to view URL]!Povezava_do_nacrtov" is to be studied to implement this functionality.
5. Move to "Kolicinska kosovnica" ("Quantity BOM"). Under column "Dobavitelj" ("Supplier") right click on one entry. Popup menu oppens where you can choose "Status artikla". In submenu you can then set article status of this specific part. Entire row is then colored with specific color. Corresponding rows under "Structure BOM" tab are then colored also. Matching of these rows as well as other functionality of these status options can be studied under "Module 4" (functions like "PoslanoPovprasevanjeMacro", "NarocenoMacro" etc.)
If you have any additional questions about functionality to implement we stand ready to answer them.
Please provide us with examples of your past projects.
GUI has to be in Slovenian language at the end, but we can also translate it alone. Source code of the project is to be provided.
NOT PART OF CURRENT PROJECT BUT TO CONSIDER FOR FUTURE DEVELOPMENT: In next phases additional functionality will be added, like tracking production phases of specific parts. Currently these phases are only mentioned in columns "Operacija 1 - 5" (columns P-T). In next phase we will add possibility to set active operation of specific part and see which operations were already finished.
11 freelancers are bidding on average $106 for this job
Hi, Nice to know your requirement. I am an excel vba, vb6 expert and have delivered ten excel vba projects in the past two months. Willing to take up your project. Thank you, Regards.
i am talking and writing English fluently so it help me a lot and i have big experience in excel iam graduated from faculty of science and i work on Micro soft office especially on excel and analysis of data