We have an immediate need for a confident, self-starting Senior Java Developer that can quickly turn ideas into solutions. We are a small, fast moving SaaS company that develops Time and Billing solutions for customers around the world. The right candidate must quickly get up to speed on our application and technical environment and hit the ground running.
This will be a hands-on position with heavy Java and SQL development. This job will initially be in support of our set of conversion tools that allow new customers to migrate their historical data to our system. You will be required to learn other time and billing systems and their underlying data structures and map their data and functionality to ours. Future work will include web and mobile development on the Outsystems platform.
This position will be a contract to start with a transition to permanent employment for the right candidate.
- Java (Servlet/JSP/Swing)
- SQL Server
- Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Strong English language abilities and comprehension (verbal and written)
- Experience preparing technical documentation and instructional manuals
- Ability to self-start and work independently (know what to do, not have to be told what to do)
- Ability to turn vague requirements into correct, well designed solutions
- Ability to explore alternatives and provide clear, thoughtful recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- 5+ years Java experience
- Extensive SQL experience
- Produces quality work the first time
- Takes pride in their work
- Provides thorough and concise code comments and documentation
- Ability to provide accurate estimates
- Ability to plan / document / execute complete, concise test plans
- Team player, works well with others
- Reliable electricity and high speed internet
- Recent Windows computer
- Ability to work a schedule with at least 4 hours overlapping US CST 8am-5pm
33 freelancers are bidding on average $13/hour for this job
Hello, I am proficient in java spring, mysql, java swing app development. Please let me know more details about project. I'd like to have a short discussion. Thanks, Kind Regards.