NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING IS DIFFERENT FROM THE USUAL GROUPON LIKE COUPON SOFTWARE/SITES
Objective: Create a completely paperless coupon issuing and redemption system that works in a grocery checkout environment. For example, see following sites and their SAVE TO CARD feature: [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view]
Design improvements on below specs are welcome.
Software should allow:
1) Targeting 'grocery' coupons (examples: 1 dollar off on Dove 1 Litre shampoo bottle, 50 cents off on 2nd pack of 200gm Oreo biscuits) to users based on pre defined criteria
2) User sees coupons on website / mobile / facebook page and clicks coupons she wants to redeem.
3) Clicked coupons get linked to user's 'store loyalty card'
4) User goes and buys a basket full of various grocery products in a grocery store. At checkout, she identifies herself by scanning/tapping her store loyalty card. If she had coupons for any items she bought, she gets a discount automatically.
-->> IMPORTANT: Note that she does not show any coupons to the Cashier. Either:
(i) The Point of Sale machine sends basket data to the Redemption server which checks these against user's clipped coupons in real time and sends back the discount info to the POS machine. Consumer's bill get reduced accordingly. All this happens in less than a second. OR
(ii) If the network connection is down, the POS system sends the day's transaction files to the Redemption server end of day and the server calculates the discounts based on user's coupons, and credits them to the users account/loyalty card.
5) Admin Modules at the back end to control all of this process and generate reports
6) Security mechanisms to prevent fraud, and control coupon issue limits, campaign budgets etc.
Software architecture should be designed so that it can handle multiple transactions in real time, and is scalable so that as transaction volume increases, software can cope up.
IDEAL TEAM WOULD BE SOMEONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING LOYALTY SOFTWARE FOR RETAIL. INTEGRATION WITH EXISTING RETAIL POS SYSTEMS WOULD BE ESSENTIAL.
4 freelancers are bidding on average $7325 for this job
Hi Hemant, We proived technology services to Retail and Payment domain. We have expert POS development [url removed, login to view] check PMB for more details