Create a usable auto hot key macro
The autohotkey macro required would enter data into a single line in Quicken.
When opening Quicken Deluxe the cursor ends up in the DATE field. I will enter the appropriate date myself. The reason I would enter the date is because every date for every entry into quicken would be the same for that session. After entering the date I would tab to the next field and activate autohotkey which would fill in or wait for a text entry to the following fields.
1. The text that the macro would enter in the field following the date field would be the letter “D”
2. The text in the next field would be “SU”
3. The next field would be “Rental:Income”
4. A tab would be needed next to skip the next field.
5. A MsgBox next so that I can make a text entry.
6. Two tabs next to skip over the next two fields
7. Last would be another MsbBox for a text entry
8. After entering the text into the last field I would like autohotkey to activate the “Enter” key.
If that is not possible then I can do it.
I’d like the Windows key plus the Z key to activate the macro.
FYI: autohotkey is a free macro program. GoTo autohotkey.com
Also I do not believe you would need Quicken installed on your computer to create the macro...