Build an iOS Application for Generating Genius
This project was successfully completed by zhengnami13 for £752 GBP in 15 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£250 - £750 GBP
Completed In15 days
Generating Genius (GG) seeks to assist talented students from disadvantaged communities to realise their potential in Science, Technology, and Engineering and Maths (STEM) subjects during their secondary school years, through to university entrance.
Now in its second year, the Uni Genius (UG) programme targets highly capable students in the sixth form (UK, 16-18 years old), typically studying on a mixture of AS and A-Level STEM courses. UG strives to provide students with a mixture of enrichment activities, industry-linked opportunities and academic support, with the aim of supporting students to access the country’s top universities.
We have a Groupspaces ([url removed, login to view]) group which we use to publicise such opportunities to our students. The Groupspace serves as a platform for us to sign-post relevant opportunities for students; periodically, events are added to the group, which students are able to access information about, and ultimately register for if they are interested in attending.
We have developed an Android application, which allows students to access our Groupspace and register for events from their Android devices. Some screenshots are attached for reference of how the interface appears to the user. We would now also like to develop a similar application for the iOS operating system.
The App should satisfy all of the following criteria:
- A login screen where users can input their username and password. Username and password should be remembered for future logins
- A screen showing a list with the upcoming Generating Genius events. These events can be retrieved by parsing an RSS feed from groupspaces.com.
- Clicking an event in the list should open another screen showing the event details, i.e. all the information from the RSS feed regarding that particular event.
- Support for registering for events. Each event has its own registration form, which can be different from one event to another. The program must retrieve these forms dynamically and generate a registration screen with them. On the Android application, form retrieval was implemented by parsing a HTML page containing the registration form, then generating the screen layout dynamically using the parsed HTML form.
- Support for exporting events to the iOS calendar application.
- Periodically check for new events on groupspaces.com. This should be implemented as a background task running once every 6 hours. If it finds new events, it should fire a notification for the user. (I'm not sure if this is possible in iOS, would like to discuss this)
- Share events on facebook / twitter / google+
- Once retrieved, all events should be stored locally (perhaps in a SQLite database), to enable the user to view them in offline mode.
The developer should:
- Have experience in developing apps for the iOS operating system. Any knowledge/experience of developing apps similar to the GG app described above would be ideal.
- Be available to start work on developing the app immediately
We would like to have the app ready for upload to the App Store by early September 2013. The full source code for the android app will be made available to the chosen developer upon commencement of the project. The finished iOS app should be as similar in appearance and functionality to the Android app as possible.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online