This project is for adding a new feature to an existing windows desktop application called DataDQ. DataDQ is a Data Quality software suite developed using Visual Studio 2010 C#. This is a windows desktop application that allows users to import text files or SQL Server tables then use features to profile or clean data from the imported file. There is also a feature called the MAP that will allow users to optionally save imported text files to SQL Server tables. This project is to add a new feature that will allow users to define and run SQL Server commands against imported SQL Server tables and/or text files. In addition, user will have the ability to save the SQL commands they enter which can later be opened and edited. The saved SQL Commands will be used in later feature to produce a score card report.
The scope of this project is as follows:
• Create a new tab called “SQL Command” as shown in the screen print attached.
• Create a new window form containing the controls shown in the screen print above.
• This project solution should not relay on a SQL Server connection. The solution must work independent of
• Users will be able to create, open and delete a business rule set which is a collection of business rules.
• Users will be able to create, open, edit, and delete a business rule which is an entered SQL Command.
• Users will be able to save the results as a delimited text file.
• Users will be able to use this feature with open text files and SQL server table files.
• The solution should contain a SQL Command Syntax control. This control would validate the entered SQL
command and display an error message to the user
• Users will be able to use the following SQL Clauses - Add, Drop, Create, Insert, Select, Update, Replace
and Delete. At a minimum the highlighted clauses must be supported all others can be discussed. It is
understood that some commands above would only apply to SQLO Server table like the CREATE.
• The perfect solution would be to support the following SQL command features but I would like to know if any
of the commands below would be difficult to develop. At a minimum the highlighted commands must be
supported all others can be discussed.
o SQL Select
o SQL Insert Into
o SQL Where
o SQL Distinct
o SQL Update
o SQL Delete
o SQL Truncate Table
o SQL Order By
o SQL Aggregate functions
o SQL Group By
o SQL Having
o SQL Operators (i.e., And, Or
o SQL JOIN
o SQL Union
Please see the attached specificastion for more details. The ideal cannidate for this project should have the following experience:
1. Excellent expereince and knowledge using C#, Visiual Studio 2007 - 2010 to develop windows forms.
2. Must have SQL Server experience
3. Peferred to hire someone who has already completed a similuar project.
4. Must write clean and efficent code. All code will be review by a senior developer.
5. The selected developer will be provided with a minimized version of the DataDQ application.
11 freelancers are bidding on average $846 for this job