There is an assignment that somehow i can't make it because of my busy time plan. People should read three articles and need to create literature review document from these articles aroun 3-5 pages.
Here are the articles :
5. Bigtable: A Distributed Storage System for Structured Data, Fay Chang, Jeffrey Dean, Sanjay Ghemawat, Wilson C. Hsieh, Deborah A. Wallach, Mike Burrows, Tushar Chandra, Andrew Fikes, and Robert E. Gruber, OSDI'06: Seventh Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation, Seattle, WA, November, 2006.
6. Cassandra - A Decentralized Structured Storage System Lakshman, Avinash, and Prashant Malik. ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review 44.2 (2010)
7. Dynamo: amazon's highly available key-value store. DeCandia, Giuseppe, et al. ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review 41.6 (2007): 205-220.
8. The End of an Architectural Era. M. Stonebraker, S. Madden, D. J. Abadi, S. Harizopoulos, N. Hachem, and P. Helland.
Any 3 of these should be chosed and be reviewed till tomorrow evenning. I will read the review and make evaluation.
• Topic Title: ______________________
1. Article Title: __________________
2. Article Title: __________________
3. Article Title: __________________
• READ the Articles Critically: While reading, take good notes, and pay attention to what the claim, perspective and/or bias, assumptions, and the conclusions of the articles is.
• Instructions for Report Organization: Pick three articles from a topic listed in the articles document. In your own words, provide a report in literature review format, which summarizes and compares the articles listed in your topic. In the report, consider the good flow of document and connect the articles in your discussion accordingly to improve readability.
o 3 to 5 pages report is expected.
o You may add graphics and figures from the articles to the report if you think it will help us better understand the content.
o To give you a basic idea for the report, a similar example can be found here: [url removed, login to view]
• Instructions for Report Format: Use Times New Roman, Font size 12 and 1 inch margins for the page layout. You may use this document as a template and add your report text on the next page. Your report should be submitted as PDF or Word document. Cite all articles accurately!