Create Engineering Spec for the structure outlined below. The spec should include:
1, Calculations with formulas and explanations
1 Blueprint of the structure. Preferably 3 d model viewable for user.
2. Materials selection
3. Cost estimates for the price of Material and Construction costs.
A lattice of joists connected as it is shown in attached figure .
1 . The lattice is 5000 m high and as wide as it is minimally necessary to provide structural stability.
2. The structure should be strong enough to withstand winds up to 250km/h from any side direction
3. The lower end of the structure should be fixed on the ground in a concrete. Please specify sufficient concrete base to hold the structure.
The upper end of the structure will be 5000 m of the ground. If suspension cables are needed for the structure stability , they can be used.
4. For the wind force calculation consider that any wall of the structure will have area of Minimal Necessary width * 5000 m. Air density should be taken at the middle point (at 2500 m)
5. Each pipe inserted in the structure ads 10,000 kg of weight. Inserted pipes start at 100m off the ground and up. Pipe has the same diameter of 10meters along the whole length. Pipe is attached to the lattice using some sort of fasteners.
Horizontal joists can be made from some light material strong enough to keep vertical joists together and distributing stress caused by side wind across all vertical joists equally. Since wind force exerted will be proportional to the width of one side and number of vertical joists will increase as square of that width , it is reasonable to assume that at some point number of joists will produce strong enough rigidity to make structure to withstand even catastrophic Hurricane winds.
The drawing I attached shows structure having 20m by 20m base, but it does not have to be a limit. It can be 100 X 100 or 1000 X 1000. As long as some existing available materials can be sufficiently strong we can increase width of the base.
6. Safety coefficient SHOULD BE 2.
20 freelancers are bidding on average $1110 for this job
I´m a Civil Engineer , I have made bridge projects , I will attack the problem as a bridge pile building . But Sir are you sure you need a tower of 5000 m ? . I hope to design this project.