At Dalstrong we’re hiring for an all-star Logistics Specialist to join our remote team! Whether you’re a hobbyist or a pro, our aim is to enhance the experience of our clients’ culinary creations.
This is a full-time position to oversee our growing online presence for our line of premium knifeware ([login to view URL] and elsewhere). If you’re a detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated Logistics Specialist, we’d love to connect.
*Who You Are (Requirements)
- A Supply Chain and Purchasing professional who loves what they do, and is passionate about helping businesses thrive to their full potential under your watch.
- Fully fluent in English, and comfortable with a role where you'll manage a large set of inventory shipments for a budding Amazon business
- A natural people manager: can recruit, train, retain a team; instills trust and loyalty across all levels of the business
- Can think big picture and keep track of the details at the same time: good at creating systems for a lot of moving parts; equally comfortable operating at 30k feet and in the weeds
- Customer-first mentality
- Puts the company before the team; the team before self
- A good corporate citizen: reliable, communicative, always follows through
- Entrepreneurial; ability to drive forward with goals independently
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to use data to drive business decisions
*What You’ll Do!
- Lead the strategy and execution of supply chain operations moving product from vendor to warehouse to customer and back in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible
- Develop and execute best-in-class supply chain processes including cross-border logistics, third party warehouse operations, and distribution carriers/methods
- Establish, track, and evolve KPIs for each function within the supply chain: work with Managers/Supervisors on weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting cadences; set forth plans for continuous improvement
- Plan and execute strategic growth initiatives across the supply chain to improve the business’ top and bottom lines
- Analyze and optimize transportation costs; negotiate rates, make recommendations for upgrades
- Ensure supply chain team properly monitors inventory levels across sellable and non-sellable goods to minimize out of stock situations
- Assist with sourcing suppliers and negotiate rates for all supplies, vendor negotiation and management when needed; work to reduce COGS by reducing warehouse, freight and product costs
- Set daily/weekly/monthly inventory reconciliation and replenishment processes, cycle counts and methods for timely replenishment; track and manage inventory levels
- Identify problems and drive efforts to resolve, including design of any SOPs
*What’s in it for YOU?
- Full-time USD compensation ($2000-$4000/month).
- Work/life balance. Flexible time-off, holidays, sick days, and a fun remote start-up culture.
- Free premium culinary products from our company.
*Ready to Meet Us?
Please send us an application with your Resumé, Cover Letter, and answers to the below questions:
- Please discuss your success as an Inventory Manager in previous roles, and why you'd thrive at our team.
- Tell us a story that highlights your tactics when purchasing and acquiring inventory.
- Please discuss your logistics management style.
- Tell us a story about when you used the Six Sigma Techniques (or similar) to improve your workflow.
- What challenges might you predict for a role like this in a modern-day, fully remote workplace (including but not limited to COVID-19)?
13 freelancers are bidding on average $271/hour for this job
Hello I am a certified supply chain specialist from the international institute for procurement and market research. I hold a bachelor’s degree in logistics and transport