This project is to design, build, and support a new Consumer Virtual Private Network (similar to [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], or [url removed, login to view]). The project will be broken up into 3 phases (design, build, and support) with separate funding for each phase. This is the Design Phase. Please include in your bid the cost for EACH phase of the project.
Based on their overall project bid, multiple bidders will be selected to submit their design for the Consumer Virtual Private Network. From those designs, a single winner will be chosen to implement their design in the build phase. The criteria for selecting a winner will be:
• How closely the design meets the VPN Network requirements in the attached Consumer VPN Network RFP document
• How costly the design will be to implement
• How costly the design will be to support/maintain
• How long it will take to build the network
• Experience and reputation of the company submitting their design
The deliverable for the design Phase is a detailed network design showing how the various requirements will be met. Deliverables would include:
• Cost to build (fixed) in the Build Phase
• Cost to maintain (monthly) in the Support Phase
• Minimum Server configuration (RAM, CPU, etc.)
• Operating Systems used
• Programming languages used
• Other software used
• Database attributes
• User account maintenance (signup and change) data flow
• User VPN connect / disconnect data flow (including authentication and load-balancing)
Please see the attached Consumer VPN Network RFP for a complete description of the desired VPN Network.
Again, right now you are bidding only on the DESIGN phase. Winning bidders of this project will only be paid for design phase. The winning bidder that submits the design that is selected for implementation will then be paid to build the network.