We search for an expert who can design a new opnSense firewall system for a datacenter.
Also part of the job is to consult us in a new solution how to setup best the new network for IPv4 and IPv6.
Also part of the job is to share us how you want to document NAT and firewall rules and how to ensure that they will stay documented in the future.
Since we get often application/proposals of "experts" with no real hands on experience in the requested topic, please provide us:
- how big is your currently maintained network with opnSense (how many IPs, how many networks, how many VLANs)
- how is your opnSense connected to the internal network (bandwidth, technology, redundancy)?
- how many opnSense setups have you done in the last 2 years?
- how you ensure ongoing documentation of firewalls (topology, nat and firewall rules) with multiple administrative persons?
- what is the best practice for IPv4 and IPv6 setup?
We are searching for someone to get started with our new opnSense in real environment. We have a lab setup with already good experience in it.
Also we would like to have someone on the long run to take responsibility for the full firewall in the future.
Our expertise is about 25y+ in IT business, so do not try to trick us, we will evict you forever from our acceptance list. Play honest and fair and we do also. Name us your real experience and we may still consider you if you play honest, even if you have some lack of skills.
Also we do not disclose any budgets or hourly rates we want to pay. Please place your best bid, also do not try to ask us for the budget, since we will not answer.
15 freelancers are bidding on average $26/hour for this job
I dont have much experience with opnsense, but I give the least price because I can assisst you as needed. Looks like a good firewall system which can be handled while studying it on the run. Like the challenge.
Hi, I have 11 years of experience In Firewall deployment, Network Security Design & implementation, Have skills in VPN threat prevention and i will try to deliver this project in a week. Regards Ashutosh Mishra