We are looking for someone strong in Windows Administration (Active Directory, GPO, Permissions, Certificates, print servers, general windows administration) to work with one of our projects. Ancillary areas of knowledge to fill would be:
• Cisco UCS
• Patch management (WSUS, Solarwinds, Kaspersky)
• Backup (Veeam)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, manage, and support the Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure
• Configure Windows 2003/2008/2012 R2. Deep understanding of GPO, File/Folder Replication, and Windows domain knowledge.
• Administration of enterprise group policies
• Deep expertise in design, architecture, administration, and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, 2013, 2016
• Plan and execute the installation and configuration of Windows Servers
• Perform planned Operating System upgrades in conjunction with the application engineering team
• Review of server infrastructure, including taking proactive measures to ensure continued stability and assist in the development and/or revision of server based standards, guidelines and policies as determined by internal stake holders.
• Investigation, evaluation and testing of new server technologies.
• Daily support and troubleshooting of all server and Infrastructure issues
• Plan and manage the deployment of server hardware and software.
• Manage and maintain system availability of the Microsoft server platform.
• Experience with design and architectural review of the VMware environment, including host, storage, & virtual switch requirements.
• Provide advanced level windows/VMware maintenance, administration, and troubleshooting in an enterprise environment.
• Perform physical to virtual migrations utilizing VMware technologies along with decommission of legacy physical servers.
• Implement, operate, and troubleshoot hardware on Cisco UCS, EMC, or any other server hardware in Datacenter.
• Ability to utilize various scripting tools (PowerShell, VMware PowerCLI, Batch, etc.) and automation tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness of common server administration tasks.
• Work with software engineers and customer service teams to resolve issues and maintain enterprise environment
• Manage projects and work with Team Lead to define projects scopes, plans, and feasibility for server administration group.
• Deep experience in system administration and virtualization technologies including architecture, deployment, administration, performance monitoring, security hardening, troubleshooting, and operations.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating Systems 2003 and above
• Working knowledge of Cisco UCS hardware
• Excellent understanding of storage, network, and hardware technologies
• Strong knowledge of standard networking protocols such as SMTP, DCHP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, HTTP, SNMP, and others
• • Excellent communication abilities, both written and oral in English. Must be able to thoroughly document implementations and modifications.
• High organizational skills, self-motivated, ability to multitask, and able to work independently and in teams
• On-call rotational duties required
Experience, Education and Skills
• 5+ years as a Windows administrator with strong Powershell scripting skills
• 5+ years managing a large Active Directory environment
• 2+ years managing a VMware environment
• 5+ years of experience with provisioning of services hardware and software, configuration management, and understanding and maintaining services
Preferred Professional Qualifications:
• Microsoft certifications (MCSE, MCSA, MCITP)
• VMware Certified Professional
Job Type: Contract
• Active Directory: 5 years
• Windows Administrator: 5 years
• Experienced with Banking projects
The Freelancer must LOCATED in Athens Greece. This is a local Project and must be executed from our facilities. If you are located in another COUNTRY, Please DO NOT BID.