This position shall be responsible for managing all India GST in the areas like;
* Tax planning, Ensuring timely and accurate filing of GST returns, Proper maintenance of tax related documentation / records.
* The role is also responsible for liaising with the auditors, statutory bodies or
Government agencies for compliance.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
* Timely remittances of liabilities for all Clients
* Ensure all documentation related to GST are maintained
* Ensure all statutory compliances are complied
* Adherence to GST Audit schedule and compliance
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Planning and Coordination
* Effectively liaison with the accounts department for the timely submission of the monthly/quarterly accounts
* Plan for the periodical e payment of taxes
* Advise the senior team on updates and changes in GST laws
* Taxation and Filing of returns
* Effectively manage routine GST related matters like payments of taxes, filing statutory, routine correspondence with tax department
* Ensure that all documents pertaining to GST are filed in a secure manner and are easily retrievable
* Ensure that all returns with regard to GST are filled on or before due date, Tax payments are made on or before due and annual returns of GST is filed timely.
* Handle GST Assessments and review returns
* Prepare follow up reports for claiming incentives if any, available under State Industrial Incentive Policy for plant locations.
* Also responsible for collection / issue of various pending forms under the VAT/ CST provisions and assessment.
AUDITS & COMPLIANCE
* Assist External Audit Party during the annual audit and present all books of accounts and other records as and when required by the Audit Party
* Evaluate requests for information from government officials and participate in developing strategies to successfully defend tax filing positions and propose favourable resolutions of tax deficiencies
* Coordinate and conduct internal audits in consultation with various Departments/locations in consultation with the GM Taxation
* Respond to queries raised by statutory departments related to taxation or any other cess in an appropriate and timely manner
MIS, DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTING
* Set up effective documentation system for maintaining the effective working papers relating to GST.
* Ensure that all documents pertaining to taxation are filed in a secure manner and are easily retrievable
* Provide all necessary documentation and information support for GST audits (Both External and Internal)
* Generate and circulate quality MIS as per requirements for supporting the Business decisions and compliance adherence
* Ensure timely and accurate updation of SAP with regards to all matters pertaining to GST.
* Generate reports based on sales register
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: CA/ CMA/[url removed, login to view] MBA preferably with LLB.
Experience : 0-2 Years