Assignment due ASAP. You are to answer (in complete format) a set of 20 questions in regards to Health Care Management. Please complete by 11/18 2pm Eastern Time
[url removed, login to view] are the apparent advantages and potential disadvantages of focusing your self-development on achieving excellence in a specific technical or professional specialty?
2. Why is it claimed that the acceptance of risk is essential in career development.
3. Explain how personal values can weigh heavily in significant career decisions.
4. In making yourself increasingly visible to higher management, could you experience any risks relative to your home department? Explain.
5. Why can front-line supervisors and their employees spot improvement opportunities before the organization’s executives do?
6. What is the difference between an objective and a goal? Provide an example related to career development.
7. Why might one have to look forward to experiencing multiple careers? Why not simply pick one line of work and stick with it?
8. How important is it in the development of your career to remain attuned to a specific goal at all times? Why is this so?
9. What would you do if it becomes clear to you that the potential successor you were grooming is not going to make the grade as a supervisor?
10. In addition to fearing competition from subordinates, provide another likely reason why some supervisors fail to develop
[url removed, login to view] can your external customers be of value to you in networking?
2. Why do you suppose networking is frequently a more successful means of finding a new position than other means such as answering employment ads?
3. What kinds of “gatekeepers” in the organization might be especially helpful to you in your position as a department supervisor?
4. How might effective internal networking be of assistance to you during a period of reengineering or reorganizing?
5. Why can we truthfully say that politics is inevitable in organizational life?
6. How would you attempt to relate to a manager who continually projects an attitude that says, “Don’t tell me anything I don’t want to hear?”
7. What do you believe is the most effective way for you to keep your personal networking channels open and operating?
8. What is the direct and immediate effect of “end-running” your boss and why is this particularly harmful?
9. What measures can you take if your boss has never communicated any expectations to you even though you may have asked?
10. How would you propose to deal with the “blindsider,” the individual who drops embarrassing or harmful information about you in a meeting of a number of people?