Design and analyse the stress distribution in a connecting rod. The axial load which the
connecting rod carries is 1kN and the minimum length of the connecting is 15 cm. It is required to ensure that the Von-Mises stress in the connecting rod should be less than half the yield strength of the material you have chosen for the connecting rod (factor of safety).
Some requirements about the technical report:
• Justify in your report if your design mimics an actual existing design for automotive applications.
• Justify the selection of the material you have chosen for your design and its influence on the weight (and hence functionality) and ease of fabrication of the connecting rod.
• How did you apply loading and boundary conditions and why?
• How did you avoid stress concentrations?
• Why did you choose the specific design of the connecting rod you modeled in FEA?
This is a student project, I am a consultant in a British University and I would need this project to be done before the end of next week, as it needs to be posted to the main lecturer for appreciation.
If you need any detail regarding the project itself or the report please feel free to ask me.
PS: A brief (of the project) has been uploaded
10 freelancers are bidding on average $230 for this job
Hi, We are an qualified academic service with a PROVEN RECORD FOR ENGINEERING WORKS. Our reviews will tell you about our engineering experiance. Pls check PMB for more. Thanks.
I have a mechanical engineering background and i had worked with reputed elearning companies. I am currently developing technical documents for a reputed company.
Dear Sir, I have completed DME 3 years, India. and now working in Structural site, henceforth I can complted this project succesfully if u give me a chance.
We are group of engineers. who have knowledge of the FEA/FEM and 3d,2d design, and analysis of all kind of [url removed, login to view] can do this work accurately.